Saturday, September 21, 2013

Seek God First

Recap: Since the beginning of the year, I have been on a journey to live a healthier life. I started off this journey at 265 lbs, feeling terrible and in need of a big change! Thankfully, I wasn't experiencing any serious health problems - praise God - but I was heading down the path to them. I knew that things would only get worse if I continued down the path I was on. That is what ultimately set me on this journey. However, I had tried making this change so many times in the past and always gave up. Therefore, when I started out on this path for the one billionth time, I was doubtful. Yet, something was different this time. I started making changes and progressing more and more. Even though I faced some challenges and set backs along the way, I never gave up! By July, I had lost a total of 68 lbs - weighing in at 198 lbs. I was finally under 200 lbs! I can't recall the last time I was under 200 lbs so this was a huge accomplishment for me. I was on a high by the end of July. At the beginning of August, I weighed in at 194 lbs and was expecting more progress throughout the month. However, when I weighed in on September 1, I was at 195 lbs. While I didn't make the healthiest choices at all times, I thought that I would have at least lost 5 lbs so I was bit disappointed to learn I had gone up a pound. Instead of letting that get to me, I decided to get buckled back down. I set my goal to lose at least 10 lbs in the month of September.

I'm not going to lie. I didn't buckle myself down every day like I hoped I would and was feeling that I wasn't making any progress. I needed some reassurance so I decided to weigh myself in this morning instead of waiting til the end of the month.

I weighed in at 184 lbs!

That means I am down 11 lbs and have already made it past my goal for the month. I believe some of that weight was water weight and bloat, but it's gone! Also, I wanted to point out that I've noticed more tone in my muscles, especially my arms. It's not a large difference, but it's progress! I have lost a total of 81 lbs and have 34 more pounds to lose before I reach 150 lbs - my goal weight. However, I don't want to get caught up in the numbers on the scale because my ultimate goal is to just be healthy. I still want to reach that goal weight, but I know how much weight can fluctuate. I don't want to be too set on a number knowing how easily it can change. As long as I am making healthy choices, I don't have to worry about the numbers.

Also, while working on my physical self, I need to pay more attention to my spiritual self because God should always come first. I want all I say and do to glorify Him. I don't want to get healthy only for myself, but so that I can do more for the Lord. Also, I want to take any wisdom and insight that I have gained in any area of my life and pay it forward.




1 comment:

  1. Shay, I love you! I am so proud of you. Thank you for being an inspiration to me. I have seen you and Callie getting on track to live a more healthy lifestyle and it started me back on mine. You are such a godly woman. I wish i could hangout with you every day.

    ReplyDelete