Sunday, November 3, 2013

Renew Your Mind

It's only 6 more days until my first ever 5k and I'm excited! There are some nerves, but my goal for entering this 5k isn't to gain acceptance from others. I don't have to be the best and I don't expect to be the best. My goal is to have fun and prove to myself that I can - to stop letting fear and doubt control my life. It will soon be an entire year since I started on the journey to living a healthier lifestyle. Gosh, I cannot believe it's already been this long and that I've come as far as I have. I may not be where I ultimately want to be, but I am so much further than I have ever been. I can say that I am finally proud of my accomplishments and thank God for helping me get this far.

For the month of November, I am posting what I am thankful for in my Facebook status. Here was my status for yesterday:

Day Two: I am thankful & praise God for positive changes!  It's 2 months away from a new year and will be 1 year since I started on the journey to living a healthier lifestyle. I was miserable, heading down a dangerous path and badly in need of some positive change in my life. I never believed I could make it as far as I have. I was full of negativity - so afraid and doubtful. I had only ever failed in the past and figured that would be the same pattern I would fall into again. However, something had changed in me. I finally reached a point where I was done giving up on myself. I won't lie. It hasn't been easy. I've had bad days, days when I've slacked off and there have been plenty of days when I felt like giving up; yet, I never quit. I learned how to push through all of the negatives and get back on track. I'm still human though and this life will not be perfect. Stress, frustration, disappointments and bad days will still come. The difference is that I've been learning to allow the circumstances of my life to make me better not bitter. That's not to say that I still don't have negative emotions arise, b/c I do. I just don't dwell on them. I've learned to drown out the negatives with positives. I may not be where I ultimately want to be, but I am closer than I have ever been.  





No comments:

Post a Comment